Wilkinson expects a return on investment (ROI) within 10 months based purely on forecast increases in productivity.
"Psion was able to demonstrate such a compelling return on investment, that there was no reason not to proceed with adoption of the system immediately."
- Simon Lowe, Wilkinson’s Head of Supply Chain
- Retail giant Wilkinson required a new order picking solution using voice technology to replace its manual paper-based system. The company wanted a solution to that delivered improved picking accuracy, stock control, efficiency and overall productivity in its two main distribution hubs.
- Psion ’ TekSpeech — an end-to-end solution that provides speech-directed interaction between the mobile worker and the host system – was chosen as the interface with Wilkinson’s existing AS400 and the company’s warehouse management system.
- Psion equipped 630 order picking staff with WORKABOUT PRO Speech hand held data collection terminals. The WORKABOUT PRO Speech enables users to pick and put-away by voice and scan or image a barcode.
- Gains in stock control and order picking accuracy
- Expect a return on investment (ROI) within 10 months based purely on forecast increases in productivity