RFID Technology for Psion Rugged Mobile Computers
Applying Adaptive Ingenuity to RFID
It is Psion’s goal to create and build products that perform better now and adapt as your business demands grow. We call this Adaptive Ingenuity. The combination of Adaptive Ingenuity and Psion’s expertise in RFID offers global organizations a technological competitive advantage.
Psion’s series of RFID-enabled handheld devices bring RFID capabilities to the applications that need it, inside and outside the four walls. Rugged handheld computers from Psion integrate RFID readers for low-frequency (LF), highfrequency (HF) and ultra-high-frequency (UHF) RFID, so customers can easily find a mobile device that has the required frequency for their particular application. Furthermore, Psion’s RFID readers are designed for use in closedloop and open-loop applications such as supply-chain management, e-ticketing, inspection and direct store delivery.
RFID Quick Links on IngenuityWorking
IngenuityWorking.com brings together customers, developers and partners to collaborate and ensure that our RFID offerings address the real demands of the marketplace. Follow the links below to access a variety of RFID resources on IngenuityWorking.com:
• RFID Product Guide & Specification Sheets: Access the latest versions of the RFID Product Guide and reader specification sheets.
• RFID SDK & Demos: Download the RFID SDK, Demos, and Demo source codes.
• RFID Hints & Tips: Have an RFID problem? Check the Hints & Tips section to see if you can find a solution.
• RFID Forum: Post your RFID-related questions and opinions here.
• RFID Photos & Videos: Review Psion's RFID photos & videos.
• RFID Partners: RFID supported solutions by Psion partners.
Find RFID Solutions on IngenuityLive!:
Psion’s RFID portfolio is further enhanced by our growing partner community that consists of leading-edge companies focused on similar markets that can provide complementary RFID expertise and sales capabilities. Furthermore, our RFID SDK enables partners to customize their own software applications to take in RFID reads from a multitude of tag types at the same time.
Visit IngenuityLive! on IngenuityWorking.com to learn about the many problems our partners have solved using RFID technology.
Typical RFID Applications:
RFID can improve efficiency and accuracy in a variety of applications including:
• Animal Identification and Tracking
• Mobile Access Control
• Distribution and Supply Chain Management
• Mobile Asset Tracking
• Utilities Inspection
• Process Control & Production
• Textiles: Laundry, Uniform Rental
• Fashion Apparel: Item level track and trace, e-pedigree, inventory
RFID Case Studies:
Thames Valley Police – Using RFID and the WORKABOUT PRO to track equipment at investigation scenes.
Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix – RFID helps greet and control access of 130,000 Formula 1 fans at Belgian Grand Prix.